Monday, January 25, 2010

There is a song...

that is truly one of the most corny, smaltzy little songs I have ever heard.  And I love it!  It has become sort of an anthem for our family.  It can be found in the old purple Young Women's songbook.  Some of you know what I'm talking about.

The song's title is "A Family is Forever" by Gwen M. Cundick and nothing brings nostalgic feelings quite like that little song does.  When my children were younger they learned to sing it, and their sister voices blend together in the most unique way, so that this simple little song becomes something extraordinary.


As I was laying in bed this morning, I was thinking about the wonderful phone calls I had had with my children last night.  And this song came into my head.  It may be corny, but so what?  I'm a little corny, too.  Here are the lyrics, and you can judge for yourself:

A Family is forever, Eternally together.
We're never far apart, 'though miles between.
Our family's dream is that one day
If we do what we should do,
We will still be one, And I'll be me,
And you will still be you.

A family is forever, Eternally together,
Whenever we are sick or feeling sad,
Our dad is there to bless us,
And our mother has a smile,
And we know inside with lots of pride,
That our family makes it all worthwhile.

A family is forever, Eternally together,
And 'though the years may take me far from home,
I will always have a family of my own.


I sure love my kids...



3 comments:

Kim said...

Love the pictures! We need one more person to spell Despain and that's not happening :-)

Nancy said...

What a wonderful post and fun pictures with your eternal family! The spelling was great too!

Laura said...

Awesome familiy photos!!