Thursday, January 14, 2010

My own Bright Star

I have been thinking a lot lately about my sweet Miranda as she is away at college for the first time.  One way I am fighting the sadness is by going through scrapbooks and digital files of my lovely daughter.  Let me share a few with you.




Miranda has been a delight in our family and in our home.  It is amazing to look back and see how she has just bloomed with an undeniable light in her eyes.






I have enjoyed coming along for the ride as she has pursued her unique talents, learning to use her gifts to express her love of music and theater.




And what could be more fun than helping her get ready for the big formal dances.  It was like dressing up a beautiful doll.


Over the years we have shared our love of great movies and great books.  What a thrill for me to see her gravitate toward the study of English Literature, one of my own passions.  We had a wonderful conversation on the way to Rexburg about the charms of being an English Major; of the joy it is to attend classes that strike such a chord with one's heart.



You will always be my baby, but I thank the Lord everyday that our relationship has developed into so much more than mother and child; you, my dear, are one of my best friends.

5 comments:

Kim said...

I should really know better than to wear mascara when reading your blog, as many times the topics you blog about, strike at certain emotions that are emerging in regard to letting kids go and grow up.

Miranda is such a wonderful girl and the times I have been able to be her leader have always been enjoyable! What a beautiful young woman!

5Youngers said...

What a beautiful post about a beautiful daughter.

Nancy said...

What a nice tribute to one of your beautiful daughters.

Erica said...

I just love her. :)

Laura said...

What a lovely tribute to your daughter. You are an amazing mother!