Monday, May 10, 2010

Perfect Marriage

In my mind, this is one of the reasons I have a perfect marriage. 
Next week, I am accompanying my husband on a business trip back east.  Part of our trip will be spent in Boston, a city I have always wanted to see.  Above are two of the things I am most excited about.  We have tickets to see a Red Sox game at Fenway Park, AND we have tickets to attend a Boston Pops Orchestra concert.  Isn't that a perfect combination?

These two events represent the individuality as well as the harmony of the marriage of two minds.  While in our past lives my husband was the athlete, I was the music geek.  Despite our differing interests, we have grown over the years to appreciate those differences. We have shared the things we love, have been open to trying new things, and genuinely have looked at the other's interests with an open mind.  As we celebrate twenty-seven years of marriage, I can honestly say I am looking forward to the ballgame almost as much as the concert.

But I must admit, seeing the Boston Pops in Boston has long been on my bucket list.  Keith Lockhart:  here I come.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Boston is one of my favorite places EVER!! Have so much fun!!

Kim said...

You will have so much fun! Both of those things would excite me too!

5Youngers said...

I have always wanted to see Boston Pops perform live. You are one lucky girl! My dad is a huge fan of theirs and I grew up following them. Have tons and tons of fun!