Monday, February 1, 2010

New music on my piano.

I absolutely love new music on my piano, especially music that is challenging.  It gives me something to work for.


Last weekend, my husband was conducting a wedding at our church, and by default, I was nominated to provide the wedding music.  I will be honest.  I really don't like to do it.  I have been the "fall guy" several times and I always feel so inadequate.  I know that little girls every where dream of their wedding day and nowhere in those dreams is a mediocre piano player in the background.  I'm sure of it.

The day before the wedding, Brian went with me to Weather's Music Store to find a copy of the Bridal Chorus, because this particular bride really wanted to march in with the traditional music playing.  Bonus for me.  I picked out a lovely book filled with not only the Bridal Chorus and the Wedding March, it is filled with a wonderful assortment of other classical music that I haven't had.  I am enjoying working on perfecting it. (And it gives me something to do...)

I also picked up a new book of love songs from Broadway shows ( a little weakness of mine).  There are a lot of duplicates because I already own a huge assortment of Broadway books, but I was delighted to see that it had some new ones I was lacking.

So, girls!  When you come home we have some new songs for you to sing. There is nothing as thrilling for me as my daughters singing around my piano.  THAT makes me very happy...

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm glad you found new music books and that you are excited! I can only imagine how beautiful the music will be in your home with all the girls singing. Your family is so musically talented!

Laura said...

I agree, you guys are SO talented!!

Kim said...

There is not too much that rivals breaking the binding on a new piano book so that you can play the new songs inside! And I think you do a fabulous job at the piano although I definitely hear you on the "fall guy" part. I have much appreciated your help on occasion in RS though ;-)