Wednesday, February 17, 2010

An Early-Morning Walk

“An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.” These words of wisdom have been attributed to Henry David Thoreau. I tend to side with Henry on this one. I just returned from a beautiful walk down the beach. I was completely alone. But that really isn’t much of a surprise on a Wednesday morning in February. The sun was coming up, and it wasn’t as cold as I had expected. My sweatshirt met the need for warmth. It was low-tide so the broad expanse of wet firm sand made the walking easy. I brought my camera along.







You know, I was a little frustrated when my natural alarm clock woke me up at 6:15am.  I was hoping to sleep in, waking up to the sun streaming in my windows.  Old habits die hard.  But I don't regret for a minute the delightful morning I would have missed if I had slept through the sunrise.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Love the pictures. I'm glad you took your camera along.

Kim said...

I love those rocks with smooth, weathered holes in them ~ I don't know why, I just do.

Fabulous photos!! And I'm with you on the internal alarm clock ~ it can be frustrating but it is nice to not miss out on things either!

Nancy said...

What a peaceful walk that must have been, your pictures are great!

Laura said...

What a way to start the day!!