Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Power of Empowering Songs

It sometimes takes me by surprise how much power music has.  Why, at my age, is this still coming as such a surprise?  It seems that whatever I am feeling seems to be amplified by a particular song that happens to turn up on my various music players.  And this isn't always welcomed.... but most of the time it is. 

The following is an example of an empowering song.  There is something so uplifting and inspiring about it that it never fails to motivate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWfxuzJYNgY

The other day I was taking my daughter to work.  She was dreading it because of a difficult co-worker.  I could see that she needed a boost.  I flipped my car stereo to the previously mentioned song.  Soon she was singing with gusto and determination (and let me tell you, SHE's got a set of pipes!)  It was stirring.  It was contagious. 

So even though sad songs can make me even more sad, I'm glad to have the power of music in my life.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Music helps feed the soul.

Kim said...

I agree with Nancy!