Monday, October 5, 2009

More Santa Monica pics



This is a lovely place, obviously where people go to unwind and feel the sea breeze on their faces.


I have always loved Ferris wheels, so I couldn't pass up this prime opportunity.  We were early enough in the day that the crowds were nonexistent.






I will always remember this restful, joyful day.



Following our bike ride, lunch, and ride on the Ferris wheel at the Santa Monica Pier, we took a sightseeing bus ride into Beverly Hills.  Although neither of us is that fascinated with seeing where the "stars" live, it felt so good to ride on the top of the bus with the sun on our faces and the wind in our hair.

I am so blessed to have a companion that supports me in my love of seeing new things and new places.  We are looking forward to many more excursions together.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I'm glad you enjoy ferris wheels ~ someone needs to ride them as they scare me to death. Looks like a beautiful and fun trip!

Ardith Haws said...

But I could never go on the Zipper!

Laura said...

How fun! I've never been there but it in on my list.
Love your tunnel photo!

Nancy said...

We love to travel, see new things and learn about different places too. I loved the picture of the colorful ferris wheel but I'm with Kim on this one ;-))) Those are all my double chins....