Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful for...

Thanksgiving Roses!!   Can you believe it?  I glanced out my back window amidst all my pre-holiday rushing about, and could hardly believe my eyes.  The trees are bare, the leaves have fallen and have been gathered, and still there are flowers that are working hard to dazzle.
Who ever said that roses were tempermental? that they have to be pampered and babied?  I don't think so!

This gives me hope.  This gives me confidence in myself, somehow.  I often struggle through the gloom of Fall, pining for the sunny days of summer, thinking that my days of happiness and blooming have been curtailed for the long winter months.

Not so!  We can take a suggestion from these brave roses and find the best in ourselves even on a cold, gray day.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Lucky you!

I love your analogies! I like the way you get me thinking.