Saturday, December 5, 2009

We finally made it...

to the Oregon Zoolights! And we have only lived in Oregon for 24 years... 

It was a charming experience.  No sign of rain, which meant miraculously no sign of clouds, which meant that it was actually quite a cold evening.  It was the first time we had to dig out the winter coats, gloves, scarves, etc.  Kind of fun, for a change.


There was a train that takes people all over the zoo, and instead of seeing live animals, we saw lots of "lighted" animals. 








Our friend, the giraffe, put this heart on top of the Christmas tree.


Watch out for things in the trees!


Easily my favorite thing to see was the mother and baby elephants giving each other loves with their trunks.  Adorable, and so precious.



Easily my favorite part of the evening was spending time with my wonderful family, plus Derek of course.

Will I ever go back to the Oregon Zoolights?  Sure!  But next time I am taking Evelyn.


3 comments:

5Youngers said...

Looks like fun... and we have never been either. I have lived in OR for 31 years with no trip to the zoo lights.

Kim said...

We have just started going the last couple of years ~ it's sure a fun holiday activity!! Great pictures!

Laura said...

That is something I say I'm going to do every year and we never get to it. I need to put it at the top of my list, looks SO fun!