Friday, April 22, 2011

I May Never Be the Same

Sometimes something will come along that changes you.  Often it comes in an unassuming way, unexpectedly, and with no great fanfare.  Such was my introduction to Stargirl.  I read Stargirl in one afternoon, unable to put down this tender, triumphant, heartbreaking story.  Something about it spoke to my soul.  It called out to me in a very real, very personal way, and I became apart of it, just as it became apart of me.

Stargirl is filled with beauty, with truth, with reality; it is also filled with heartache and with unkindness and with the best and worst parts of humanity.

There are many blogposts to be written about Stargirl.  This is the first.  It will not be the last.

4 comments:

mirandahaws said...

Do I know how to pick em or do I know how to pick em?

Ardith Haws said...

Yes! I should have given you credit for introducing me to this lovely book. I am ever indebted. Thank you so much.

Laura said...

Ooooh, I'm going to have to read this book. I'm so intrigued.

Kim said...

I own this and it's in my "to read" stack next to my bed. I've now moved it to the top!