Saturday, September 26, 2009

Two Great Ladies, One Shared Birthday

Today is a special day.  It is the day to celebrate two amazing lives, lived by two of the most inspiring ladies that I know.  My mother, Caroline Wakeman, and my oldest sister, Wendy Peatross.
These two have set examples for me of unconditional love, self-sacrifice, obedience, faithfulness, and sometimes, just plain enduring to the end.

They are creative, and immensely talented.  They can take ordinary materials and transform them into beautiful and useful objects to bless the lives of their families and anyone that is in need.

They know the meaning of charity and it directs their lives.  I don't know how many hours have been spent in quiet service, always behind the scenes, never in any showy way, but just to follow the admonition of the Savior to be a friend to the "least of these".

My life has been blessed by these two women.  Thank you for your love and patience with me, but mostly for your example.

No comments: