Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Making Anything Beautiful

Some people have the magic touch. I don't know how much of it has to do with their raw material, but in the way they prepare and present, anything can become a work of art. This past weekend at the Pike Place Market in Seattle, this became apparent with the wares on display. Each individual grower or producer or artisan had fashioned exhibits that were stunning in their simplicity. And I wasn't the only one that was snapping pictures of nature at its finest.
The more I see of life and the more experiences I have under my belt, the more I am reminded that we all possess our own unique skills and talents. As I moved through the crowds, seeking out photo opportunities, I knew that others were seeing things that I wasn't. I was wishing I had the "Artist's Eye" that is so evident in photographers' work. But I can't pretend that I do. I am such a literal person; I see the world as it is, straight-up.

We are all imbued with creativity, and have creative outlets. My hobbies may not be the same as your hobbies, but therein lies the challenge of discovery. While I may admire the talents of others, I must uncover, embrace and explore my own.  I am reminded of the brilliant address by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf on the power to create.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I like your photos from Pikes's Market and I LOVE that clip. No matter how many times you see it, it makes you feel so good. I should listen to it everyday. Thanks for posting it!

Kim said...

Love the pics, love the video clip and love everyone's unique perspective! Pikes Place is just a fun place to be!

LeAnn said...

I loved the pictures of the produce. I think the way it is presented makes one want to buy more.
Yes, we do need to find out what our talents and then embrace them.

Blessings to you!