Friday, August 20, 2010

It's MY party!

August 17th.  One of my favorite days.  When I was a child my favorite thing to do on August 17th was to go swimming.  I think it is one of the reasons I love hot, summer days.  Perfect time for a birthday.

This year I totally spoiled myself on August 17th.  I ate leftover wedding cake for breakfast.  I played with my granddaughter, Evelyn.  I took her to the beautiful Salem Carousel.  I played golf with my favorite people.  And I went out for Italian food, my favorite. 


I was also spoiled by the people who love me.  Miranda wrote me an amazing poem.  Erica called me from her honeymoon ship.  Jackie called me while I was on the golf course.  Robert and Josalyn stayed a few extra days so they could celebrate with me.  Brian gave me concert tickets to see Harry Connick, Jr. in September.

I feel so blessed.  I have a wonderful life, surrounded by wonderful family and friends.  I suppose that even though birthdays add onto my ever-expanding age, they are a great time to take stock of one's life, count one's blessings, and make new goals for the upcoming years.  I love August 17th.

4 comments:

Kim said...

What a fun day! Happy Birthday again to one amazing lady!

Laura said...

I'm glad you had such a great day! And Harry Connick Jr tickets - swoon, swoon, swoon....

Nancy said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday. With each year we add onto our lives comes more wisdom and more people to love.

Missus Wookie said...

Happy Birthday!

I love carousels or merry-go-rounds and posted about one at Disney. Sounds like a great day was had :)